Thursday, November 01, 2012

Goals for the second half of the MOOC. Results to be shared During FridayLive on November 30th, 2:00 pm ET Third sMOOChers Cohort Follow UP Register for free here.


sMOOChers (Smart MOOCs Higher Education Research Subgroup) goals for the second half of the CFHE12 MOOC listed below 


Goals for the second half of the MOOC

  • Beth Dailey:I want to try to leverage the massive part of the course. This past week I tried expanding my social networking skills within the #CFHE12 MOOC by connecting my own blog, twitter account & Google Reader. Next week I plan to learn how to use TweetDeck. 
  • moy@sepche.org: This is Beth again. Perhaps keep a running list of the roles that faculty would play in a MOOC and the skills they would need to play the roles effectively. Beth agreed to synthesize, summarize list of good/useful intermediate roles for faculty making MOOCs more useful to learners, colleague?
  • Dale Parker: I just see this as a cultural revolution and I just want to watch and learn about the changes.
  • Nan Zingrone - Atlantic University:I love the MOOC, and I love the sMOOChers add on, but I'm building Moodle training for my faculty and students at our online grad school at the minute so can't be anything but verbal in the webinars I can get into; but I owe you guys and will try to help in the future. Maybe Nan would be willing to further elaborate on this comment: Nan Zingrone - Atlantic University:but if you read and respond to introductions or blog posts you can get a conversation going and that helps build community, so that's what I've been doing.
  • Priscilla Stadler: I'm interested in the possible value of MOOCs for teaching and learning at an urban community college (LaGuardia /CUNY)
  • Henry Merrill: I'm going to register for the Ed Future MOOC - a session to reflect on that experience after it closes might be be useful?

IMAGE selected by Steve Gilbert 20121023
Graphic described as "Objectives: Reflect on social networks and concepts related to the recreation, reuse, remix of OER (productions and processes)" ...Author: Beto Steimber Date 5 March 2012 Source Own work Author Colearn"
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/Colearn_Social_Media.jpg/512px-Colearn_Social_Media.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AColearn_Social_Media.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/Colearn_Social_Media.jpg
By Colearn (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
"License: work in progress under Creative Commons license
...I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
  This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?